Thursday, November 18, 2010

Maine to Montrose: travel without computers

I didn't really get lost in Providence RI for the past 3 months. I only lost my dear travel partner and the computer with her. It is not too hard to get access to a computer in major cities for a short time to cheek craigslist or your e-mail, but getting access to a computer for long enough to write a blog posses to be much more difficult. If you don't have a prof of residency most libraries will only give you a 30min temporary computer card, if that. But obviously when traveling you do not have a prof of residency in that city for you do not reside there. This is a real pickle.

Well, anyway, I continued on from Providence round the country and finally back to Colorado. I was considering trying to write blogs for all of the cities at once but, considering 1) I am lazy and more interested in doing craft projects and outdoor work while I am here in the beautiful land of Montrose, and 2) no one except my parents and an occasional other strange soul ever reads my blogs; I decided not to write them. Instead I will list below the name of the blog I would have written. If anyone is interested in any of these blogs-to-be they should post a response saying so and I will write that blog.

Maine - Water Money
Baltimore - The Capital's Poor Dirty Next Door Neighbor
New Orleans - Some Dollops of Drunk Tourists on a Pie of Dirt and Culture
San Francisco - Weiros Welcome (preferably with money please)
Oregon (Ashland, Eugene, Portland) - Utopias are OK I Guess
Washington (Seattle, Spokane) - Building Pallets and Walking Through Suburbs

7 comments:

Krystan said...

Yes. Please. All of the above. Your dear traveling companion must read your musings! ALL OF THEM!!!

Krystan said...

All anagrams for the name Terese Howard:

Threaders Woe
Earthed Sower
Wreathed Rose
Dearest Whore
Watered Horse
Sweet Hoarder
Earth Resowed
Heart Resowed
Oh We Arrested(!)

Graduate UnSchool of Howard said...

ALL OF THEM. That is a lot. I'll do what I can before the wind whisks me away again...
All the anagrams!! How did you do that?? And "oh we arrested"!! this one is my favorite!

Graduate UnSchool of Howard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I concur, I too want to read ALL OF THEM! Especially the blogs about Baltimore, Wash, OR, SF and Maine. Love you! (can't wait to see you, too!)

saltron said...

yes please.

saltron said...

yes PLEASE! if you still want to, i would read them with relish!